School volunteers enhance the educational experience in so many ways:
Volunteer Forms and Clearances
- By helping to ensure that vital programs like music, athletics, and the arts are available in the school,
- By working as the extra hands, ears, and hearts of teachers whose responsibilities extend to many students,
- By working to ensure the smooth operation of many school activities, we sometimes take for granted – for example, fundraisers, school wide events and extracurricular activities, and
- By listening, caring, and supporting the most important person in any school – the student.
To ensure the safety of all students at Vida Charter School, parents and those wishing to volunteer with students are asked to complete several forms. These requirements are to ensure that our school is in compliance with state and federal law as well as charter school regulations. You can be reimbursed for all expenses incurred after providing the school with your receipts. As of July 1, 2015 volunteers will no longer be required to pay for their Clearences.
Below is a list of the forms and how to go about completing them.
- Volunteer Registration Form
- Vida Charter School Confidentiality Agreement
- Three Background clearances are needed on file for ALL volunteers at Vida Charter School. The clearances include the PA Child Abuse History Clearance, the PA Criminal Record Check, and the FBI Criminal Background Check (fingerprinting). For more information or to apply for the three background clearances CLICK HERE.