ELEMENTARY CLASSROOM TEACHER
This is an elementary classroom teaching position in a Dual Language (Spanish-English) public charter school serving grades kindergarten through sixth.
- Current, valid Pennsylvania Instructional I or Instructional II Teaching Certification in the appropriate grade(s)/content area(s)
- Required security clearances
- (For Spanish Elementary Teacher) Native, fluent communication skills and literacy (reading, writing, speaking and listening) in academic and social uses of Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Passion for serving in a bilingual and multicultural elementary learning environment
- Enthusiasm and experience teaching diverse learners
- Interest in designing and developing an innovative biliteracy curriculum alongside colleagues
- Knowledge of evidence-based instructional strategies to support all learners
- Strong interpersonal skills
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Design instruction for bilingual learners based upon appropriate grade level(s) and content standards
- Develop appropriate and engaging lessons and materials to meet the needs of all students, including students with Individualized Education Plans
- Collaborate closely with the grade level colleagues to effectively plan lessons that promote the maximum growth of students
- Design and implement classroom-based formative and summative assessments to monitor students’ growth and achievement, and utilize assessment results to adapt instruction and provide interventions and acceleration as appropriate
- Use strategies and methodology to support the needs of second language learners and help them to access content
- Collect, organize and maintain evidence of student learning and accurate student records to provide appropriate and timely feedback to students
- Work effectively with students, staff, community members and parents from diverse backgrounds in the interest of improved student learning
- Implement the school-wide Responsive Classroom framework for establishing positive learning environments and building relationships with and among students
- Maintain an organized and structured learning environment and engage students in the continuous upkeep of a safe learning space
- Communicate regularly with parents to foster a positive relationship in support of student learning
- Participation in the greater school community through school-sponsored family events
- Share in the school efforts to retain enrolled students and recruit new families
- Actively participate in the school’s Professional Learning Communities and provide input and suggestions to drive school-wide improvements within and beyond your classroom
- Remain current on educational trends and standards to enhance teaching practices
- Demonstrate professionalism, including compliance with school expectations, policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the school administration in accordance with school policies and practices
Substitute Teachers/Maestros Suplentes
Vida Charter School is accepting applications for substitute teachers. Substitute teachers must have a four-year degree, current clearances, and be eligible for emergency teacher certification. Substitute teachers are paid at a rate of $100 per day.
La escuela Vida Charter está aceptando aplicaciones para maestros suplentes. Los maestros suplentes deben tener una licenciatura de cuatro años, tener autorizaciones actuales y ser elegibles para la certificación de maestros de emergencia. A los maestros suplentes se les paga al precio de $100 por día.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Vida Charter School, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com or apply through Indeed.com.
Si le interesa aplicar para un puesto en la escuela Vida Charter, por favor mande su currículum y una carta de presentación a firstname.lastname@example.org o mete su aplicacion a traves de Indeed.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Igualdad de oportunidades de empleo
As an equal rights and opportunities school, Vida Charter School will not discriminate against individuals or groups in its admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, activities, hiring, compensations, benefits, promotions, transfers, wellness programs, terminations, layoffs, returns from layoffs, training, education, and tuition reimbursement because of sex, color, age, race, handicap/disability, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected classification.
Como una escuela con igualdad de derechos y oportunidades, la escuela Vida Charter no discriminará contra individuos o grupos en su admisión, su acceso a, o empleo en sus programas, actividades, contratación, compensación, beneficios, promociones, traslados, programas de bien estar, terminación, despido, regreso de despidos, entrenamiento, educación, y matrícula y rembolso por razones de sexo, color, edad, raza, inválido/discapacitado, religión, origen nacional o étnico, orientación sexual, identidad de género, o cualquier otra clasificación protegida por la ley.